Welcome to the latest issue of the Police G7 Community Newsletter. With 21 days remaining before the Summit begins, final preparations are taking shape.
Next week will see the start of route closures and diversions, beginning with Campbeltown Way, Falmouth. Grove Place and Maritime car parks in Falmouth will also be closed from 27 May for security preparations to commence. Keep an eye on D&C Alert and the local media for updates.
G7 drop-in surgeries to be held
The G7 engagement team are holding drop-in surgeries this week throughout West Cornwall to answer your questions around the G7 Summit. Look out for the G7 engagement bus at the following locations:
St Ives, Lelant and Carbis Bay
- Monday 24 May: St Ives Harbour 9am – 1130am, Ayr Field (Ayr Terrace) 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Wednesday 26 May: Dobbies Garden Centre, Lelant 6pm – 8.30pm.
- Thursday 27 May: Trenwith car park 9am – 11.30am, Tesco 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Friday 28 May: Tesco 9am – 11.30am.
- Saturday 29 May: Tesco 9am – 11.30am, St Ives Harbour 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Sunday 30 May: Carbis Bay Memorial Hall 9am – 11.30am, Trenwith Car Park 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Tuesday 25 May: Lidl 9am – 11.30am, Asda 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Friday 28 May: Marks and Spencer 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Wednesday 26 May: St Mawgan Village Post Office 9am – 11.30am, Watergate Bay Car Park: 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Friday 28 May: St Mawgan Village Post Office 6pm – 8.30pm.
- Thursday 27 May: Falmouth The Moor 9am – 11.30pm.
Business and community outreach
Cornwall Council are working with the police to identify sectors of the community who require certain information, such as the care sector, the maritime sector and the environmental sector. Organisations should look out for an invitation to an online outreach session containing information specific to your area this coming week.
To minimise any delays in accessing restricted areas, please have two forms of ID with you: Passports, driving licences or utility, council tax bills or bank statements less than three months old are all valid forms of ID.
Refuse collection days are changing temporarily in some areas affected by the G7 preparations. If your area is affected, Cornwall Council will make contact with you in due course.
G7 community impact
The police have released a community impact timeline to inform local people of the anticipated disruptions that may affect them during the G7 Summit.
Stay in touch
Do you have information for us or our partner agencies? Do you have a question? Use these contact details to get in touch with Devon & Cornwall Police, or our key G7 Summit planning partners:
Devon and Cornwall Police