Terms of Reference
Any Councillors that wish to attend and the Clerk
Usually held in November as part of the budget preparations, and may be held either virtually or in person as agreed by the members.
The Working Group:
- has no delegated powers or authorities;
- reports to Full Council;
- will act at all times in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders, Code of Conduct, Financial Regulations, GDPR & Freedom of Information Act 2000.
To consider and make recommendations to the Parish Council for a budget for the following financial year, based on the following areas, as outlined in the Joint Panel on Accountability & Governance (JPAG) Practitioners Guide updated March 2023:
- decide the form and level of detail of the budget;
- review the current year budget and spending;
- determine the cost of spending plans;
- assess levels of income;
- bring together spending and income plans; and
- provide for contingencies and consider the need for reserves.
Reviewed and approved by the Council on 2nd May 2023 under minute reference 014/05/23-24aii)