The Government has issued the following information on the closure of public spaces and to a further set of businesses and other venues, including:
• all non-essential retail stores – this will include clothing and electronics stores; hair, beauty and nail salons; and outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets
• libraries, community centres, and youth centres
• indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities
• communal places within parks, such as playgrounds, sports courts and outdoor gyms
• places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families
• hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers).
There is also a requirement for play areas to close which we have had to implement today.
Your cooperation is requested during this difficult time. Please do not attempt to enter the facilities and note that safety checks will not be carried out during the closure period.
Thank you for your patience.